Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Ben's big move!


This week we celebrate the last week of Ben being in the U.S. and having all of my brothers in the same city. There is nothing I have loved more than the time spent with my family over the past few months. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful group of people to call my family and such a great group of guys to call my brothers.

Ben will be moving to Cuzco, Peru on Thursday. I am so very proud of him for not settling for anything less than he deserves. And Ben, you deserve all the happiness in the world. I hope that you are able to find that happiness on this next adventure. I know I can speak for the whole family when I say we will miss you so much but are so excited for you! You are such a great man and will do so many great things. I can't wait to hear all about it! Who knows we may just all move out there with you...(they need nurses right Laurie and James!?)

My crazy family!

Project numero dos:
I think my priorities are a little off. I don't currently have a bed...or even a house to put the bed in but I'm gonna make a headboard! haha I initially intended to make a headboard from scratch...but it turns out that I found this guy in my mom's garage. (I apologize in advance for the bad quality of pictures.)


                         

Soo, instead of making one out of nothing I just decided to re-cover this one. I knew I would need a lot of fabric and fabric is not cheap. For the quantity that I needed I knew I should find another option. I decided to go to Home depot instead of a fabric shop and picked up some regular old drop-cloth.  For the amount I needed it cost me around 10 dollars. Much better! Below is what the drop-cloth looked like after I put it through a cycle with some grey dye. Initially it was a tan color and I wanted it to be grey so I used some fabric dye to get it to the color I wanted. The drop-cloth actually worked really well and will be something I use for other projects! 

                        

I don't have any pictures of the in between stages but I just covered the entire headboard with cloth and manipulated it as best I could to get it as smooth as possible. I re-covered all the buttons with the same fabric so everything was matchy matchy. From there I just threaded the rope back through the headboard and pulled as tight as I could so that it would be a little tufted and then stapled like crazy. (Sorry Pat!) It ended up being a fairly simple, quick, and cheap project! 

 
Don't mind the giant dog crate propping it up. 
And that was it...It's not my favorite headboard in the world but for around 15 dollars I think it will last me a little while until I make one from scratch. 

Hopefully it wont be too much longer until I'm in the house and am able to do some BIG projects! 





0 comments:

Post a Comment